Monday, November 30, 2009

Article

The article that "speaks to me" is entitled "The Art of Psychographics" by Kerry William Purcell, a prominant design writer and historian who has had several books and many articles published. When I read the title I immediately though of Sigmund Freud and dream psychology. This inspired me to create an orderly, scientific, structured spread that is very analytical and informative.

The main point of this article is that through design, images can be used to trigger past experiences and emotions. Rather than tell the story in black and white designers should use related images to provoke deeper understanding. I understood it as a pathway. There are millions of different roads to get to the final destination, so by giving the audience a more general image they can come to the final meaning any a variety of ways. The article dives into the world of memories as a means of communication.

Article

No comments:

Post a Comment