Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Journal 02

Who is Chip Kidd?
Chip Kidd is a designer, writer, and editor who has designed some 1,000 book covers! He has been so successful because he tries not to be literal when designing book covers. This makes me a bit upset because I just realized how literal some of my book covers are. If the cover is about a rat, don't but a rat on the cover. I need to work on this and try to point at the subject matter without being too literal. Hmm... Chip Kidd inspiration.

Who is John Gall?
John Gall is the Vice President and Art Director for Vintage and Anchor Books. After seeing John's designs I realized that I need to add more text to my covers. Gall uses a lot of typography to emphasis the subject matter. It is a nice combination of image and text! Try it! John Gall inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment